The Pathfinder section is open to boys and girls ages 11 through 17. The emphasis is on training through hands-on, outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, canoeing and backpacking. Pathfinder Troops will operate in Patrols of 6 to 8 members, led by a Patrol Leader who shares responsibility with an adult leader for discipline, activity planning, and training the less-experienced members. The program is based upon Robert Baden-Powell‘s book, Scouting for Boys.
- Hat: Khaki/olive/brown campaign style, flat-brim, four-dent hat with leather band on the crown. A beret, green or red, is also permitted with appropriate metal pin or patch on front.
- Shirt: Safari/Bush-style long-sleeve work shirt with two front pockets (flap w/ buttons) and shoulder epaulets in slate gray
- Pants: Either long-style cargo pants or shorts of an approved color: dark blue, khaki, green or gray
- Belt: Khaki, brown, dark blue webbing belt.
- Necker: 36″ square neckerchief of the group’s color(s), worn with a ring or slide (“woggle”) at the throat.
- Socks: Knee length, worn turned down at the knee with green tabbed garter showing on outside with shorts, of approved color: dark blue, khaki, green, or gray.
- Shoes: brown or black